Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thunder


I can’t remember exactly when or where I discovered Thunder though it had to be in 1989, probably on a video of Headbangers Ball which a neighbour of Simon passed us every now and then. I loved the album Backstreet Symphony, every track, it seems quite light and cheesy now but I still listen to it on occasion. Even my brother and at least one of my sisters still love the album.

Thunder was another of those bands I missed because I had to baby sit when they played at the Cliffs in Southend, that must have been sometime in 1990.
When Thunder released Laughing On Judgement Day in ’92 I rushed out to buy it without actually listening to it first, I was seriously disappointed. The disappointment is not something I can justify now, it may have been my taste had simply changed or it may have just been a crap album but whatever the reason I never followed them again.
The band are still going and by the looks of it have been very busy, I will have to check it out some time but not today, or tomorrow come to that.

Still like the first album though.

No comments: