Sunday, May 27, 2007

new stuff

I took a chance and bought Linkin Parks new album.
And its shit.
I think I’ll take it back and exchange it (unless my daughter wants it). I get the impression they are trying to be U2, everything from the album art work to the songs them self give this impression, but the band don’t carry it off I’m afraid.
I can see why they have done this, its to break the mould, make a clean break and not be confined to the same style but the whole thing just come across as unmemorable and unimpressive.
Good luck to them but it’s not for me.

On a plus note I managed to grab a copy of Backstreet Symphony by Thunder on CD from eBay, I already have this on vinyl but no assessable record deck. I also have a long awaited replacement of Open Up And Say Ahh on order (my first copy was chewed up in a cheap personal cassette player about 1991) and a CD of Skid Row’s Slave To The Grind of which I only have a tape recording of.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Backstreet Symphony remains one of my favourite albums. I first saw Thunder supporting Aerosmith at the NEC in '89 I think just before the albums release and I thought they were gonna be huge. Regularly play both this and their 2nd album. Reviewed Laughing On Judgement Day at Rock Of Ages a few weeks ago actually!

Bill