Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Disaster II

My taped copy of Tigertailz Young and Crazy has been terminally mangled by my cassette deck, this is the third time in recent months the machine has tried to eat something it shouldn’t have. The first was my copy of Quireboys A Little Bit of What You Fancy, which I have now replaced on CD, Then Ozzy’s Speak Of The Devil, which I managed to save, and now this.

Looking around the internet for a replacement I am shocked at what this is demanding on CD, Amazon has it priced at £42.95, and I have even seen one priced at $102 so that must work out roughly £51, outrageous if you consider these are all second hand. The album is much cheaper on LP but that’s not an option at the moment.

I had only listened to Young And Crazy once since rescuing it from my mother in laws a week ago, and I had quite enjoyed it too (please don’t ask me to elaborate on why). The tape is still in one piece but has a tear and very crumpled so I may be able to repair it, pity I no longer know any cinema projectionists, they used to have some great stuff for fixing tapes.

£50 for a 20 year old CD that nobody admits to liking, what is the world coming to?

2 comments:

Bill said...

I bought a copy of the vinyl again not too long ago. Like you say it's okay but these days it's hard to admit to liking them especially when you look at that terrible cover.

I wouldn't pay that for their CD - settle for a cdr until the price gets realistic. I think original copies of later stuff it quite collectable as well!

They played a sold out gig at Cardiff St.Davids Hall recently too I heard.

Anonymous said...

I'm quite happy for a CDR but its knowing somebody with the original.
I can't even remember who I got the first copy from, and even if I did they would probably deny it.