Wednesday, April 25, 2007

more Illusions

Right next door to hell – and why not? Has a good intro to lead you in, not as good as welcome to the jungle but then what is?
Don’t damn me – I like it, so what.
Bad apples
dust n’ bones
pretty tied up – a bit prophetic don’t you think?
Garden of Eden – has some pace, like it
you could be mine - a hard choice, I almost dropped this because I didn’t feel that it fit, but I like this song to much, it stays. And that intro? cool.
Locomotive – the only song to use “use your illusion” in the lyrics, it’s a must
don’t cry (alt lyrics) – I had to pick one of the two Don’t Cry’s, just happened to be this one. Personally both versions of this song get on my tits.
live n’ let die – at first I was not going to include any covers but this rocks, before I heard this I thought anything McCartney was tainted by the frog song
breakdown – great song, pity about the silliness at the end
estranged – when this song begins you get an inward groan the says “not this shit again” but by the time the song reaches full swing you are totally immersed and have forgotten about the crappy introduction
14 years - possibly the best song on the two discs
you ain't the first – nice and malevolent, this is what I want from guns ’n’ roses, it’s the rocket queen of the two albums


Almosts

Civil war – one of my favorites and in there right till the end, can’t really explain why I dropped it but it did not seem to fit, and made the album to long
Knockin’ on heavens door – good cover (apart from the dialogue in the middle), but as I had already decided to ignore the covers and failed something had to give
November rain – another song I like but far to long and I certainly didn’t want another epic ballad.
Yesterdays – like salt and vinegar crisps, you only eat them after the cheese and onion are gone.

Definitely nots
Coma – good song, I like it, but where the fuck did that come from?
Get in the ring – juvenile shite, what piece of crap. This should buried deep in some obscure session’s release.
My world – b-side material

more illusions

2 comments:

Bill said...

"Get in the ring – juvenile shite, what piece of crap.".... absolutely spot on!!! Been saying this for years!

Bill

http://rockofages.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

i found out a great fact today it takes the exact length of paradise city to get me from work to my doorstep - sorry just left me with a smile thought id share the info
paula