Wednesday, October 04, 2006

open door


I have got lots of music this week to listen to, Evanescence new album Open Door, Kasabian's Empire, almost the entire works of Anthrax and Metallica and the most anticipated arrival Wolfsbane’s wolfsbane which I bought on eBay for £2.50 inc. postage.

My wife phoned me at work to say my CD had arrived and that I couldn’t have it because its crap, I have only just found it and it’s too late to listen to it now so I am going to hide her car keys in the morning.

I have managed to listen to the evanescence album through a couple of times in the last few days, it’s only a matter of time before my daughter steels it and I never see it again (along with American Idiot and the latest Muse album).
I like this album though I do have a problem with it, not from any fault of the band but more to do with me.
I tend to listen to music in one of three places, while cycling, doing housework, and in the bath. This album is most definitely not a cycling album, which needs something fast, heavy and aggressive. It is too dark and slow for housework (though this is where I have been listening to it).as for the bath? The album is 13 tracks long and while I like a long soak I have to get out at some point.

Don’t ask about my choice of listening locations, it gets to weird, I mean can you imagine listening to a song like Smashed And Blind by Wolfsbane while washing up after Sunday dinner and yelling at the kids to do their homework?
Or cooking tuna pasta bake to Rammstein?

Does this all seem a little fucked up? Does anybody else have this?

Tomorrow I will mostly be listening to Wolfsbane while looking after the youngest, he already knows how to mosh, pogo and can play air guitar and he is not two till January, corrupt them young I say.

No comments: