Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Boots

There are many things you can wear on your feet be it DM’s, Para boots, baseball boots or trainers, but none were so cool in my opinion as the cowboy boot (though I have owned them all at some point).

Simon got his boots first, £35 brown suede from somewhere in Basildon, he was so proud. He only had them a few days when he chucked his guts up over them at a mate’s birthday party.
Somebody (I don’t remember who) gave me an old pair (probably their dads or sisters or something). they were a dark brown leather and about two sizes too small, but me not having any money(or pride it seems) took them on gratefully, I must have tottered around in them for weeks before I finally saw sense and went back to my beaten up trainers.
I talked my mum into buying me a pair of those zip up Cuban heeled boot things for a job interview*.I must have looked a twat at the interview but that’s not what I wanted them for, my favourite jeans at the time were so tight I could only just get them over the top of the boots if I left the zips half way down, not the most ideal but beggars cant be choosers.

I never got my cowboy boots; I ended up wearing these things for years.

In the end they became my boot of choice and it wasn’t till I cut my hair that I stopped wearing them, my wife chucked the last pair along with my shredded jeans and favourite fooked t-shirt, to make sure I didn’t go looking in the bin for them she dumped them out of the car somewhere along the A13.
Years of searching has proven fruitless.

I now do baseball boots and doc’s to try and maintain my heavy metal credentials but it seems I have been left behind a bit.

No comments: