Sunday, November 26, 2006

Last Night

Last nights motorhead gig was fantastic, nothing quite like sweating your nuts off in a leather jacket drinking overpriced beer out of plastic cups. We had a great time.

Pre gig drinks were cut down to one pint as the pub in Fenchurch street we meet up in called last orders just after we arrived and we didn’t have time to stop off in any others on the way to Brixton. Brixton is an interesting place, every ten yards they have somebody selling drugs, the dealers must have outnumbered the police by at least 5 to 1.

We arrived at the venue just in time to hear the last half of Clutch’s set and drink some more beer before motorhead came on.
They let rip with DR Rock and as always happens when I see a band like this I got a silly grin on my face. I wont go into a track listing because 1; I don’t bother to list them 2; I don’t know them all and 3; I can’t remember it all anyway, however Ace of Spades did send the crowd mental.

My only disappointment was not getting drunk enough, it felt like the evening was incomplete, and I have tried to make up for it today.
It was nice to see so many other people who had dug out their leather jackets for the occasion and I couldn’t believe the age range of the people there, we spotted young teenage emo’s and chatted to a 59 year old Scotsman who had been kicked out for attempting to stage dive(respect). One friend said to me we only go to gigs like this because it makes us appear young, there may be some truth in that, but it was a good night.

Hopefully the photos will come out and then I’ll post them here.

ttfn

No comments: