Monday, October 17, 2011

more stuff


I have a fasination with decay, corrosion, things aging and weathering. I know that I am not orrigional but I wanted to make someting wearble out of something that, while I find it appealing, nobody would even take a second look at. Even though most of what I make is using discarded copper wire or pipe nothing ages like iron.Here is the first project, old nails set in sterling silver.





I made two pairs of these, one for my sister and one for my daughter, then over the last few day I have made these.


The first pendant is made from a pice of glass found where an old victorian land fill site is washing out into the Thames, there are whole stretches of beach made up of broken glass and crockery, here I found all sorts like an old spectacle lens, dentures, brass door knobs and even an old helmet.


The second is made from two bits of corroded old iron that I found in the road, bound together with silver plated wire.

No comments: