Friday, December 19, 2008

new model army killed my camera

Suffering from post-gig hearing loss and a serious lack of sleep, I will attempt to write about New Model Army at the Astoria on Thursday night. Possibly the last gig they will perform there before it is knocked down, one of the casualties of the London cross rail project. It was also the first proper concert that I have taken my daughter too.
Being one of my favourite bands I was unfamiliar with only two songs (that I can remember), and it must be the first gig in 19 years where I didn’t drink (much). I will not go into play lists, for a start I can never remember everything that was played and in what order though they did open with Here Comes The War and finished with The Green And The Grey. As always with NMA it was a great atmosphere and a great way to introduce your offspring to live music. Thanks to a friend of mine she was also introduced to heckling and (at his persistent insistence) pogoing. In fact, he was so drunk he fell asleep on the tube, he tells me he cannot remember where he got off, what time he got home, or how much his taxi cost. Considering he lives in London my daughter and I probably got home before him and we live in the wilds of Essex.

I took a few photos at the gig and got some video of my daughter jumping up and down to Wonderful Way to Go but my camera seems to have stopped working and not only has it deleted everything but will no longer even switch on. Bollocks.

But a good time was had by all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more matey, a better band for a 1st time gigger would be hard to find. Great Songs, charismatic frontman, lively crowd ....... spot on. 3 new songs, 'Today is a good Day' was the full on rocker! Loved that!