Thursday, April 03, 2008

nightwish - dark passion play


It’s taken a long time to get round to this but I can be a bit slow on the uptake at times. After seeing one of their videos on some music channel my daughter was watching I thought I would give it a go. I have read about them, seen pictures and known there was a scene and had it described to me by a radion dj, but to honest, it just went over my head and away into the subconscious. Symphonic metal sounds so …… cheesy.
Dark passion play by Nightwish is cheesy,pompous over the top nonsense, I love it. You can cook to it; not as good as a really good cooking album but it gets 7/10. You can cycle to it, though I had to work this one out on numerous short trips but I’ll give it 9/10. Moreover, you can listen to it while the little one nods off, a good 8/10 for that. You can also read (sci fi/fantasy) to it and bath to it.
Despite Anette Olzon looking like she should be working in a chip shop and for some reason reminding me of Abba crossed with Led Zeppelin ,Iron Maiden ,Sisters of Mercy and Clanned they are well worth listening and very very fun.

8/10



"vinegar with that love?"

1 comment:

Weary Road Traveler said...

Man, you killed me with the part about Anette working in a chip shop. F'n hilarious!