Saturday, June 16, 2007


This week I have been listening to a lot of Nymphs, well when I say a lot I mean their one and only album of the same name. Described by allmusic.com as the last great glam-metal album before grunge killed the genre, Nymphs to me seems to bridge the gap. This was one band that showed a lot of promise in my opinion, but faded very quickly into obscurity.
A girl at work, a fellow metalhead (the same one that recommended the Pearl Jam gig at Southend), and a good source of new music first recommended me to them, but it was not until a year later that I picked up the cassette in a sale. I instantly fell in love with the album and it is one of the few that had regular outings (right up until mp3 took over personal cassette players). There is a certain inevitability and mournfulness about the Nymphs music that seems to mirror their rather rapid destruction.
Here is a download for sad and damned though my personal favourite track is Imitating Angels

On a plus note, the lead vocalist Ingre Lorre really pissed off Courtney Love.

No comments: