Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy new year all

So the year is at an end, cant say from a personal point of view that it has been spectacular but then I cant say it has been bad so no complaints there.
Good points: still alive, always a good thing. My daughter seems to be on her way to school genius (slight exaggeration but not to far off). I have learned to produce my own alcohol (what do you mean you’ve never tried, do it). My little sister got married.
Bad points: my wife and brother in law have both been ill with nasty illnesses. My bike stolen. Down to my last bottle of home made cider. From a music point of view I’m in no position to judge releases from 2007, most of what I’ve been listening to has been older, sometimes much older. I suppose the most listened to albums of 2007 are probably: Manic Street Preachers Send Away The Tigers, which while not a metal album by any means certainly appealed to me; New Model Army’s High which was almost a sure bet for me and; The 69 Eyes Angels who are a new discovery for me and both my daughter and myself think this album is brilliant, well recommended to any out there who have not listened to it.
Most listened to old stuff has to be (in no particular order), Tigertailz, Dogs D’armour, Black Sabbath and Little Angels.

By the way, I was in Sainsbury’s on Christmas Eve and I saw Father Christmas (Santa) and when I say that I mean the real one. He had waist length white hair and a big straggly white beard; he was dressed in a green jacket and knee length trousers with white stockings and brown shoes. None of this had the look of costume about it, his whole getup looked to well worn and used, nothing fake, he also had a look on his face that if you spoke to him he would rip your tits off, like an old angry hippy. So now you know, old Chris Cringle lives in the Chafford Hundred housing development in Essex England.

No comments: